!. "A Review of Who the Maronites Are and of Current Maronite Liturgical Praxis"
Speaker will be the pastor of St. Maron's, Chorbishop Michael Kail. Monday January 24, 7 P.M. at St. Maron Church, 1555 S. Meridian Road Youngstown, Ohio 44511.
2. "A Latin Priest's Experience of the Eastern Church"
Speaker will be Reverend Shawn Conoboy, Parochial Vicar of St. Charles Borromeo Catholic Church, Boardman Tuesday March 8, 7 P.M. at St. Charles, 7345 Westview Drive - Boardman Ohio 44512 330-758-2325.
3. "The Amazing Life and Death for both America and Russia of Patriarch Tikhon (Belavin)"
Speaker will be Protopresbyter Thomas J. Hopko, theologian and Dean Emeritus of St. Vladimir's Orthodox Theological Seminary Thursday April 7 (7 P.M.) at St. John the Baptist Orthodox Church, 305 Struthers-Liberty Road, Campbell, OH 44405.
4. "THE CHALLENGES OF ETHNICITY FOR CHURCHES BOTH EAST AND WEST IN THE TWENTY-FIRST CENTURY-- AND THE CHALLENGE OF OUR YOUNG PEOPLE"
Speaker will be Father Joseph S. Rudjak, pastor of SS. Peter and Paul Croatian Catholic Church and of Our Lady of Hungary Catholic Church. Tuesday May 24, 7 P.M. at Our Lady of Hungary Catholic Church, 545 N. Belle Vista Avenue. Youngstown, OH 44509.
5. "Orthodoxy and the Roman Papacy: Ut Unum Sint and the Prospects of East-West Unity"
Speaker will be Dr. Adam Deville, author of "Orthodoxy and the Roman Papacy" (U Notre Dame Press, 2011); editor of LOGOS: A Journal of Eastern Christian Studies; a professor at the University of Saint Francis in Fort Wayne, Indiana; and a subdeacon of the Ukrainian Greco-Catholic Church (UGCC) resident in the Eparchy of St. Nicholas of Chicago and a speaker at this year's Orientale Lumen Conference Friday June 24, 7 P.M. at St. Mary Byzantine Catholic Church, 7782 Glenwood Avenue, Boardman, Ohio 44512-5823.
6. "From Convert to Deacon, My journey in the Ruthenian Byzantine Catholic Church"
Speaker: Father Deacon Robert Cripps Of St. Emilian Byzantine Catholic Church Brunswick, Ohio
Thursday September 1, 7 P.M. at Infant Jesus of Prague Byzantine Catholic Church
7754 South Avenue Extension
P.O. Box 7006
Boardman, Ohio 44512
7. A SPECIAL EVENT Our chapter's last meeting of 2011 will be a special event on Monday, October 10. We will meet at 6 p.m. in the banquet hall of St. Mary Byzantine Catholic Church 356 South Belle Vista Avenue Youngstown, Ohio 44509. Jack Figel, national president of the Society of St. John Chrysostom, will review for us the 15 year history of the Orientale Lumen Conferences and prospects for the future. At 7 p.m. there will be a concert in the church by the seminary choir followed by a reception in the hall for everyone. The Orientale Lumen Foundation and OLTV will sponsor and present a concert tour named "Let the Earth Be Glad:Â Sacred Hymns of the Carpathian Mountains" from September 24 through October 23, 2011. The Council of Hierarchs of the Byzantine Catholic Church in America, and the Metropolitan Greek Catholic Church of Slovakia have given their blessing and support for this special project.Â This concert tour will be performed by the seminary choir from the Blessed Paul Gojdich Seminary from Presov, Slovakia.
Compiled by Vito R. Carchedi, Chapter President.